Saturday, January 19, 2008

Poem and 1-2 paragraph reflection~

Poem: 
What keeps us alive, what allows us to endure?

I think it is the hope of loving,
or being loved. 
-Meister Eckhart 

Reflection:
I chose this poem because I find it to be sweet and simple. It isn't long and drawn out but instead is precise and no words can be taken out. Personally, when I first read this poem I got a little smile on my face because it expresses a type of hope, a hope that we as humans look and long for. Although, many people put their hopes into material items and false gods there is something deep down inside of us that we all long for and that is love. This type of love can come from other people, material items, or even false gods but, true love that is deep and sincere will come from God and God alone because he is the one that created love or the feeling of love in the first place.  That is hope and for me, I believe that everyone lives for hope of loving or being loved. :)

1 comment:

Herim Shin said...

Hey Rebecca!
I really like the poem that you choose, I agree that it's sweet and simple. You're absolutely right about God's great love, I can really feel that he loves everyone so much and people are living by his love. I think this poem implies lots of meanings. The kind of love that the author is trying to say could be any kind of love, it could be the kind of love that you said in your reflection. I hope that this poem is talking about God's love because to me His love is the greatest! Anyways I really like the poem that you choose; it gave me some kind of inspiration. :)