Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Question 1: Ender's Game

* are there any settings in this novel which you have found to be beautiful? or disturbing? or memorable? describe these settings and comment on why they were meaningful to you.

Towards the end of the novel, Ender stumbles upon a world that the buggers have made for him as a way to try to communicate. In this scene there is an a giant overgrown with grass and weeds, there is also a playground and a forest, but what I like most about this scene is the Tower/Castle. What I don't understand is why the "End of the World" is in the castle. A castle is where rules, laws, and new understandings come from, not where things end or stop. I found it beatiful but dangerous, like a Prince going into an enemy's castle, so did Ender venture into the the buggers castle. I thought that in perticular when he climbs into the tower and faces the fack snake, is a beautiful relization. I found this scene to be a true act of love that we should try to put into our lifes as well. Through this setting I felt compassion for the buggers because they put a lot of time and effort into trying to communicate with Ender their feelings and perspectives. I felt comforted knowing that the buggers were not as vicous creatures and that the longed to also understand humans and for them to understand them as well. This setting was exactly what I was looking for in this book, it was touching and moving. Through all of these things this setting was beautiful and memorable.

No comments: